draft-jennings-sip-dtls: shouldn't it define ; transport=dccp ?
Iñaki Baz Castillo
2011-07-08 16:53:04 UTC
Hi, draft-jennings-sip-dtls defines:

- SIP over DTLS over UDP => Via transport: "DTLS-UDP"
- SIP over DTLS over DCCP => Via transport: "DTLS-DCCP"
- SIP over DCCP => Via transport: "DCCP"

The draft just defines new BNF grammar for Via transport field, but
says nothing about SIP URI ;transport param.
IMHO the draft MUST define a new value "dccp" for ;transport param.

Regards,
--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<***@aliax.net>
Use ***@ietf.org for issues related to maintenance of the core SIP
DRAGE, Keith (Keith)
2011-07-08 19:10:19 UTC
Given that as far as I can see, the last version of this document expired in 2008, I think you must regard any contents as historical.

It was never picked up by the SIP WG.

Regards

Keith
Use ***@ietf.org for issues related to maintenance of the core SIP specifications.
Iñaki Baz Castillo
2011-07-08 19:52:29 UTC
Post by DRAGE, Keith (Keith)
Given that as far as I can see, the last version of this document expired in 2008, I think you must regard any contents as historical.
It was never picked up by the SIP WG.
Good point, I didn't realize of that. So, is there a draft or RFC
defining SIP over DTLS-UDP?
DRAGE, Keith (Keith)
2011-07-08 20:32:31 UTC
The only SIP document was RFC 5763. That doesn't define it, and doesn't apparently need it.