Sent 18x with 'require:100rel' but no PRACK recieved
etherchen
2011-08-19 03:17:39 UTC
Hi:

I'm facing a ISUP - SIP interworking issue recently.

I receive INVITE from remote SIP server and send IAM to ISUP side, ISUP reply ACM/CPG and then I send 18x with 100rel out, but I did not receive any PRACK from remote SIP server, and I re-send 18x to them. During this period, ISUP side send ANM to me.

If connect the call, but my end haven't receive PRACK yet, it become a unreliable call.
If disconnect the call, I should not base on ANM to release a call.
If continue 18x re-transmission untill time-out, it will have charging issue. Because ISUP side start billing base on ANM already, but my SIP side haven't start charging because not answer.

Thanks.
h***@wipro.com
2011-08-19 10:12:42 UTC
Hi ,

First of all , please use "sip-implementers
(sip-***@cs.columbia.edu)" forum for the answer of this query.

As per SIP RFC3262, you must reject the call in SIP side with 5xx (
provided you had SDP in reliable 18x ). You can reject ISUP side with a
RELEASE message.

But if you want to relax your software compliance a bit here , you can
do that, but remember your early media negotiation may be in trouble.
If you are sure that on ISUP side the call is answered ( ANM is received
) you can proceed for sending 200 to SIP side.

Regards

Honsha